This portion of the workshop will focus on constructing a simple and complex beauty light set-up. This type of lighting arrangement is a staple for portrait work when attempting to show of details in make-up/hair. This lighting style helps eliminate unflattering shadows/texture while accenting the areas the eyes and detail work on portraits.
- LUNCH: If any of you are like me, you’re probably always looking forward to your next meal. In addition to all the great information that will be provide, a catered lunch will also be on the schedule. Be sure to bring your appetite!
After lunch we will head outside to do some “on location” shooting with two professional models. This part of the workshop will involve hands on learning by all attendees. If you have attended one of our workshops in the past, you know that are we are serious about teaching, not just a photographer free-for-all. Muttley and I will talk about posing models, how to use your specific lighting equipment, when speedlights work, and when strobes are needed. All attendees will have the opportunity to work with both of us and have us to answer any specific questions you may have. We will set up numerous lighting arrangements and allow EVERY attendee one on one time with each model as well as instruction and mentoring by both myself and Muttley.
WHAT WE ARE PROVIDING:
- (2) Models that are prepared with professional hair & make-up (MUAH by Mayra Ponce)
- AlienBee & Elinchrom studio lighting w/ radio transmitters
- Speedlights w/ radio transmitters
- Refreshments / catered lunch
- Professional venue
WHAT WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO BRING: We HIGHLY recommend you bring any speedlights and triggers you may have in order for us to tailor each attendee’s instruction to their specific equipment & needs.
- PRICING: Pricing for the workshop will be $150 if you sign up before the 31st ($175 afterwards)
- ATTENDANCE: Due to specialized/individual instruction, we will only have 8 spots available for this workshop.
To qualify for the discounted rate, we must receive your payment by 31 March. Payments can be made via major credit card, Paypal, or cash. If you have ANY questions, please ask.
TIME & LOCATION:
7 April / 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
TheHoustonStudio / 2001 Commerce Street – Suite 220 / Houston / Texas / 77002
Venue: TheHoustonStudio / www.TheHoustonStudio.com
Partner Photographer: Muttley Escobar / Herize Photography
Make-Up & Hair: Mayra Ponce
Models: Kaitlan Nicole
Houston Wedding Photographer: Jason Talley / 832-557-0634 / www.exposurebyjtalley.com